IntroductionOptimat has been appointed by the Scottish Cities Alliance to provide consultancy support to form an Open Data User Group. This involves a stakeholder review aimed at:
- Engaging with an “Open Data User Group” in order to provide feedback on the Scottish Cities open data publication plan, and to inform future open data publication by the cities.
- Creating a strategy for continuous engagement with the user groups in order to maximise the value of further open data publications.
- Creating a methodology for assessing the engagement of the Scottish Cities open datasets, based on engagement with the User Group and on Open Data Platform site analytics.
Open data is defined by the Open Data Institute as "data that anyone can access, use and share".
The Scottish Cities Alliance is the unique collaboration of Scotland’s seven cities – Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling – and the Scottish Government working together to promote the country’s economic potential.
The cities have published more than 400 open datasets (including data relating to, for example, environment, transport and travel, education and health and social care) that are available to organisations.
We are keen to engage with organisations that are either:
- already familiar with, and use, open data
- not already working with open data but could benefit from doing so, for example, by leveraging open data to develop innovative products and services.
You have been contacted to complete this survey as your organisation is considered to be a user/potential user of open data. We have an interest in discovering:
- what type of ‘public sector data’ your organisation would benefit from access to if it were made available
- where data is accessible to you but is perhaps incomplete or not updated on a regular basis.
A LinkedIn Group – Scottish Cities Alliance – Open Data User Group – has also been created which will be our main channel for communicating with the Open Data User Group and for networking with fellow organisations in this space. We invite you to join the group if you have not already done so.
We thank you in advance for providing your feedback. Your contribution will help to define and develop the actions and priorities of the Scottish Cities Alliance going forward.
Please note that this survey will take around 10-15 minutes to complete and should be carried out in one session to ensure that all information is captured. If you return to the survey at a later stage, then some details may be lost.
How your data will be processed
Your individual responses will be stored securely and only used by Optimat for the specific purposes of analysing the data. Your personal details will not be shared with any other parties or used for any other purpose without consent.